Did You Know?
- A cataract is cloudiness in the normally clear lens of the eye.
- 80% of dogs with Diabetes will go blind even with control of diabetes.
- Kinostat may prevent the progression of diabetic cataract in newly diagnosed dogs.
- Once a cataract has formed, no drug can dissolve or remove a cataract.
What is Kinostat?
Kinostat is an aldose reductase inhibitor which is a class of drugs that prevent formation of certain sugars in the lens that result in cataracts.
Is Kinostat Suitable for Your Dog?
- Any breed or mix breed of dogs of any age that has recently been diagnosed with diabetes is eligible.
- Your dog’s lenses appear to be clear (however, your veterinary ophthalmologist should conform that no cataract is present)
- You must be able to give and the dog must be able to receive drops in both eyes, 3 times a day.
If you still have further questions, please contact us.
Kinostat is currently not available for sale. We have filed our final report to the FDA and are eagerly awaiting their anticipated approval. Thank you for your interest in our product. We are striving to make this available as soon as possible to meet your diabetic dog’s needs.